Thursday, June 7, 2012

My AOTH Progress

I finally finished the center of my AOTH [Affairs of the Heart] quilt.  When my niece, Susan, was here for Memorial Day she helped me with some of the color arrangement.  I took design liberty [don't tell the quilt police] and moved some of the blocks around different than the pattern called for.  That was because I didn't like some of the colors I chose next to each other.  What do you think?

And to Susan, I moved the two red hearts away from each other so it isn't so in your face.  Now on to the borders. She helped me pick a different fabric from stash that will look better on the reverse applique border.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

It looks wonderful! I got the book several years ago but it seems so difficult that I just never dipped in. You inspire me!

Pat from Florida said...

Super Carol, and even better in person! I admire your perseverance. Love the layout.

Cyn said...

Wowzer, your quilt is amazing! I think you have the colors balanced very well. Love it.

Snippets of Carol said...

Thanks you all for the comments.