Saturday, March 17, 2012

National Quilt Day & Flimsy Friday

I actually started yesterday, Friday, on the bow tie quilt by sandwiching and did a few stitches on the machine. Planned on stitching in the ditch around the squares to start. However did not get as much done as I thought yesterday.

Today I had to bake as my three E's are coming for a visit. So got my bread done and then started on cookies and the chocolate cupcakes for Emma's 13th birthday tomorrow. Will post a picture later.

So got to finish the bow tie quilt from a 2009 swap with the Friendship group.  Here is the progress this afternoon. Managed to get the binding on and will do that later this week.  I plan to put a button in the middle of each bow ties.



1 comment:

Pat from Florida said...

Love those spool blocks. Mine are together, but at the time had the grand idea of adding an applique border.............another ufo! Great pics and I think I recognize my block(s).