Tuesday, April 19, 2011

JN Sunflower Illusions Quilt

    I love this quilt and Judy Niemeyer's foundation paper piecing by Quiltworx.com.  The name of this pattern is Sunflower Illusions but I wanted to do this in Christmas colors of red, green and gold.  I wanted to use scraps and not have to buy anything to take her class.  I did use the scraps but ended up not going to the class.
    A few unnamed people thought I was crazy but I stuck to it and this is the finished top.  My friend Pat helped me choose the border and I am pleased with the red Birds and Berries by Clothwork textiles. 
    Now I have to quilt it and decide on a name.   Will you help?  I thought Christmas Illusions or Illusions of Christmas wouldn't work as Christmas is not an illusions. My Jesus is real.  Let me know if you can think of a name for me.

A close up of the flower

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Christmas Star?

Susan said...

Aunt Carol,

Love the quilt. Thank you for the incentive finish mine....how about Christmas Sunflowers or Christmas Firecrackers? I'd be happy to quilt for you just like your fall leaves. You did a beautiful job.

scg said...

AS the pattern was called Illusions...maybe you could call it by something that is an allusion to the Illusions part of the pattern...something like The Reality of Christmas?
It's a lovely quilt Carol.
Shaaryn