Tuesday, April 30, 2013

EASY STREET

Where has this month gone?  I have been busy crazy. Spent ten days in Tennessee with my daughter and grands over Easter break, which was so nice. 

I have been working on my genealogy trying to finish it up for the family reunion in June.  My sister is celebrating her 50th wedding anniversary so the family is getting together to celebrate in Texas. Two of my sisters are flying in to North Carolina and we will be taking a road trip out, seeing some of the national parks. Ruth has a bucket list of seeing all the national parks so we have just a 'few' more to go. ha ha

In finishing up the genealogy, I thought just a few more pages when I found those 'two special' leaves that have taken me on a wild journey. Finding relatives in Scotland, England, Germany, Norway, France, Israel, Turkey, etc.  Didn't know we came down such a royal line.  But as my sister says, we always acted like 'Princesses'.  My grand daughter wants one of the castles, but alas, most are in ruins. Now that would be a project for one of the 'home maker-over' shows!

Anyway, I did finish up my 'Easy Street' quilt and for the first time took it out to be quilted. Am pleased with the quilting even if the lady changed the color of thread on me.  What's up with that?  So doesn't blend in with the back. But it looks great on my bed and love that it is done! This pattern was Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street mystery pattrnon Quiltsville she ran on her blog.

 The Top.
 A close up of the 15" blocks.
The back pattern.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I think it looks great! Love your color choices.

Pat from Florida said...

First one I've seen in this colorway. Looks super!